Chargebacks claims are tough and frustrating for card payment due to fighting complexities and consumer centric nature of the policies from the card issuance entities.
1. Respond Quickly :
Once you receive notification that a chargeback has been initiated, Quickly and efficiently prepare a response. A chargeback dispute is a subject to scrutiny by multiple parties, so it is essential to present evidence clearly and with urgency.
2. Resolve Complaints through Customer Service :
One chargeback is initiated, you’ll typically have a small window of time (7-10 days) to dispute it via the channels required by Visa and MasterCard. In this period, it is also helpful to contact the customer directly to gauge the real reason for the chargeback.
Customers can undo chargebacks by contacting their card issuer, so reaching out to the dissatisfied party in a genuine and timely manner may persuade them to stop pursuing the claim.
If the customer’s complaint is valid, you should issue a refund as soon as possible rather than concede the chargeback.
Must evaluate the strength of your case before proceeding with a chargeback dispute. if you have solid documentation and the time and energy to contest the chargeback, you should submit a counter claim and try to recover your money.
3. Gather Transaction Records:
Collect best possible evidence to contest the customer’s chargeback claim. This evidence includes transaction detail, buyer’s ip address, location, confirmation emails, card holder’s information, delivery documentation, including (but by no means limited to):
- Request to get buyer’s IP address, date and time, verified location information from your payment processor
- Collect evidence to prove that card holder lives or works at the delivery address
- Gather information from the system about order, payment, buyer and attendee info, transaction details, email ID, Address.
- Verify these information with actual card holder’s information
- Analyze information flow from the system till the tickets are scanned and used by whom and what dates
- Collect venue visit CCTV Footage to identify who visited the attractions.
- Evidence that the customer has previously used the same transaction information to process undisputed purchases
- Evidence that someone related to the customer could have made the purchase with the customer’s card
- System capture and store information digitally keeping organized transaction records will help to ensure that you can assemble all the necessary evidence within the short time-frame allowed.
- So, collect and provide evidence to prove the sale was legitimate.
4. Chargeback Reason Codes:
Understanding different reason code for chargeback is essential when preparing an effective chargeback dispute case. Depend on reason code may follow the procedure to fight chargebacks.
5. Get Professional Help :
Chargeback disputes process is time taking and can be an expensive, but you can save yourself headaches (and money) by establishing a sensible, efficient chargeback dispute process.
Good to talk with professional chargeback specialist If chargeback value is too high and seems false claim to fight chargeback request.